Strictly necessary cookies(always on):
Necessary for enabling core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. This cannot be turned off. e.g. Sign in, Language
Analytical cookies help us to analyse user behaviour, mainly to see if the users are able to find and act on things that they are looking for. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. Tools used: Google Analytics
Social media cookies:
We use social media cookies from Facebook, Twitter and Google to run Widgets, Embed Videos, Posts, Comments and to fetch profile information.
No analytics or social cookies have been enabled on this site. There are no cookies to review.
In the winter of 2019 just before the new year (2020) my husband discovered a gas smell coming from the unoccupied house across the street from our house. This property has been unoccupied for almost a decade. I thought I'd seen a man exiting the front door. Flyers are dropped almost daily in the mail box by the front door so it wasn't entirely unusual. Something however didn't seem right and I asked my husband to go and check it out. Two days later on his way to work he reported back to me a gas smell. I called the gas company around 8 am and they responded immediatley ....followed by the fire department, police, supervisors, and various emergency response firms. It seems, that the gas leak was the result of wiring and piping removed from the house by the inturder I had seen. My husband's discovery and resulting intervention saved this street from a catastrophic explosion. We have seen these gas leaks in Ontario before and the horrible aftermaths caused by these events. This gas leak discovery saved the lives and property of many homeowner including ourselves in S.E. Burlington. My husband and I have lived in Burlingon our whole lives and everyday in our retirement we are grateful and thankful to live in this community. I would love it, if my husband could be somehow recognised for sending out the alarm, thus saving lives and property!
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinEmail this link