September 10, 2020 - Release of New Appendix 21 to Report PL-16-20
The meeting agenda has now been released for the virtual public meeting at the September 30th meeting of Community Planning, Regulation, and Mobility (CPRM) Committee. At this meeting, staff will recommend modifications to the Downtown policies in the Adopted Official Plan through Report PL-16-20: Taking a Closer Look at the Downtown: Recommended Modifications to the Adopted Official Plan.
New Appendix 21 for Downtown report PL-16-20
Report PL-16-20 recommends modifications to the Downtown policies in the Adopted Official Plan, resulting from the Taking a Closer Look at the Downtown project. This report was released on June 8, 2020, with appendices 14 and 15 being released in August. Additionally, the City has now released a new appendix, Appendix 21, which includes the following:
- The main body of Appendix 21 is a covering memo that provides an update on what’s new with the Taking a Closer Look at the Downtown project since the report was released in June.
- Appendix 21-A contains a summary of all the feedback that was received during the spring and summer, with responses provided by staff.
- Appendix 21-B is intended to replace Appendix 2. It includes an updated version of the recommended policy modifications, with a few edits made to address feedback received during the summer. Edits are highlighted in grey.
- Appendix 21-C provides a minor edit to the new Schedule D that was released in June in Appendix 3 (the edit corrects a labeling error).
- Appendix 21-D provides the latest Urban Growth Centre Density Analysis.
- Appendices 21-E and F are intended as aids to illustrate how the current recommendations for Downtown Burlington compare with the 2018 adopted Official Plan and the current, in-effect Official Plan.
Report PL-16-20 and all of its appendices can be accessed in the Document Library or by visiting the City calendar as described below.
Neighbourhood Centres report PL-18-20
Also, on September 30, staff will be presenting report PL-18-20, which recommends modifications to the Adopted Official Plan policies for Neighbourhood Centres. In accordance with the work plan approved by Council for Neighbourhood Centres, these are minor modifications for the purpose of clarifying the policies that were adopted by Council in 2018.
How to Access the Reports
To access report PL-16-20, PL-18-20, and all of their appendices, visit www.burlington.ca/calendar and search for the September 30, 2020 meeting of Community Planning, Regulation, and Mobility Committee. The reports are linked in the Meeting Package.
- Virtual Open House on September 16 at 7 p.m.
- Attend the virtual Open House to learn more and ask questions about the recommended modifications to the Adopted Official Plan for Downtown (PL-16-20) and Neighbourhood Centres (PL-18-20). A link with meeting instructions and how to access the meeting will be posted on Get Involved closer to the meeting date. Please submit questions in advance by Sept. 15, using the form here. You can also ask live questions during the meeting.
- Virtual Public Meeting on September 30 (full day)
- Attend the virtual Public Meeting where staff will present the recommended policy modifications for Downtown and Neighbourhood Centres to the Community Planning, Regulation, and Mobility Committee of Council.
- Meeting is on September 30, beginning at 9:30 a.m. and continuing through 1 and 6:30 p.m. sessions. To access the virtual public meeting, visit the City’s website at burlington.ca/calendar and search for the Sept. 30 meeting of the Community Planning, Regulation & Mobility Committee.
- Join the discussion: if you would like to speak at the meeting, you can register in advance (optional) at burlington.ca/delegate or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To speak without pre-registering, email email@example.com during the meeting.