Recommendation Report on Preliminary Preferred Concept, and Release of Technical Studies
Staff recommendation report PL-02-20 is now available for review. This report will be presented to the Community Planning, Regulation, and Mobility Committee of Council on January 16, 2020 at 1 p.m. and continuing in the evening session at 6:30 p.m.
The report recommends that Council endorse the land use vision and “preliminary preferred concept” for downtown. The recommendation is based on the evaluation of two preliminary concepts presented for public feedback in fall 2019, which was informed by several inputs including public feedback, technical studies, and an understanding of existing and approved development in the downtown. The details of the preliminary preferred concept, including maps and diagrams, can be found in Appendix A of the report.
Appendices B, C, and D contain reports that have been previously published on this website but have not been formally transmitted to Council until now.
Appendix E contains a new Feedback report documenting the October-December 2019 public engagement period.
Appendices F1 and F2 provide responses to stakeholder submissions on the project that the project team received up to December 5, 2019.
- PL-02-20 Taking a Closer Look at the Downtown Preliminary Preferred Concept (668 KB) (pdf)
- PL-02-20 Appendix A - SGL Preliminary Preferred Concept Interim Report Jan 2020 (7.26 MB) (pdf)
- PL-02-20 Appendix B-Engagement-Plan (291 KB) (pdf)
- PL-02-20 Appendix C SGL What you need to know report (1.81 MB) (pdf)
- PL-02-20 Appendix D - Feedback_Report August to September (1.45 MB) (pdf)
- PL-02-20 Appendix E Feedback Report Jan 2020 (6.76 MB) (pdf)
- PL-02-20 Appendix F1 - Response Matrix Aug-Sep (365 KB) (pdf)
- PL-02-20 Appendix F2 - Response Matrix Oct-Dec (1020 KB) (pdf)
The meeting will provide an opportunity for input from the public and City Council. To register as a delegate to speak to Council at the meeting, please visit burlington.ca/delegate.
team is also pleased to release the technical studies that have been completed
to date. A brief summary of each study is available here. The full studies can be accessed in the
Document Library. The technical reports posted to date will be reviewed
by appropriate agencies and further refined, as needed. Completed studies will
be transmitted to Council as part of SGL’s final report in the Spring of 2020.