The Integrated Mobility Plan is Ready!
The Integrated Mobility Plan Final Report will be presented to the Community Planning, Regulation & Mobility (CPRM) Committee on Tuesday, Oct. 31.
The plan is a balance of innovative policies, active programs and capital projects that will guide how Burlington builds and operates a sustainable transportation system city-wide. It will make getting around Burlington safe, accessible, sustainable, balanced and livable.
The plan has three key areas:
1. Improve our transportation network through capital planning and budget,
2. Guide future studies, plans and capital projects to meet the goals of the IMP and
3. Enhance and develop innovative programs to support the putting the plan into actions.
Key elements of the integrated network are:
· Only widening streets if it makes walking, cycling, transit or safety better.
· Giving the right-of-way to pedestrians, cyclists, transit users or for safety.
· Focusing areas like sidewalks, bike lanes and cut throughs, in growth areas.
· Developing transit to improve bus service and reduce transit delays.
· Developing better cycling lanes and pathways for cyclists of all ages and abilities.
· Improving walkability in employment, future growth and rural areas.
· Create new connections for pedestrians and cyclists over the QEW and rail lines.