Pillars of Integrated Mobility
Align Land Use and Transportation
- Ensure land use planning and transportation planning are aligned.
- Develop appropriate policy to support walking, cycling and transit.
- Create complete and compact communities, which support the City's transportation and corporate goals.
- Focused growth which aligns with transportation infrastructure.
- Shape future development which will provide mobility choice.
- Develop a connected transportation network across many modes.
- Provide mobility choice and equitable access.
- Develop and create complete streets.
Healthy and Safe
- Safe, comfortable and convenient transportation choices.
- Recognize and plan for the needs of different users.
- Prioritize the safety of vulnerable users.
- Plan, design and maintain the City's transportation infrastructure for safer streets.
- Emphasis on school travel.
Moving People Efficiently
- Focus on moving people, rather than vehicles.
- Increase the connectivity of the City's travel network.
- Improve the reliability of travel time in Burlington.
- Optimize our network for efficiency across all modes.
- Manage the ROW (Right of Way).
- Maximize the capacity and utilization of our existing infrastructure.
- Ensure traffic operations across all agencies (MTO/Region/Municipal) are connected
- Real-time responsiveness.
- Building resiliency in our transportation network.
- Improve TDM (Transportation Demand Management) use.
- Assess and implement new and emerging trends and technologies.
- Develop compact and connected communities.
- Support environmentally responsible mode choices.
- Reduce transportation environmental impacts in Burlington.
- Place an emphasis on addressing the first mile/last mile challenges.
- Achieve the best value for our investments.
- Reallocate funding to reflect our priorities in mobility.
- Promote economic prosperity through an efficient transportation network.
- Well managed infrastructure.
Innovation and Integration
- Recognize there are no “one-size-fits-all” solutions, and context sensitivity is required.
- Draw inspiration and solutions from other communities.
- Study, assess and integrate new trends in technology to aid in mobility.
- Better integration of decision making in our transportation network.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link